Your privacy is very important to us. We understand you want to remain in control of your personal information and that we must earn and retain your trust. We have created this privacy statement to show our commitment to the privacy of any personal details that you provide us when using our website. We can assure you that we keep your information confidential and do not sell or rent our customers' personal information to third parties.
When you contact, or become a customer, Gosnells Beverages will collect some of your data, like your name and address. Here's some quick examples to help make sense of it.
Why we collect it
- So we can send to and bill you for the products we make
- So you can get occasional updates on and personalised deals and offers on our products.
- So we can update you with occasional news about all we do
When we collect it
- When you make a purchase
- When you sign-up for our marketing communications
- When you attend an event
What we do with it
- We might sometimes share your data with third parties to give you the best service. This could be things such as sharing your delivery address with a courier service so they can get your order to you, or sharing your info with a payment service to prevent and detect fraud.
- This is never done without your permission.
- We won't ever use your data in a way that isn't already outlined in the permissions you've given us.
- We take your privacy seriously and we won't sell your personal data. Ever.
How we look after it
- We use dedicated, secure servers for your personal data provided by state-of-the-art IT providers. These are shrouded in multiple layers of security to keep all your details safe.
- We have clear data retention policies. That means we only keep your data for as long as we need to. You can ask to have your data deleted at any time.
If you’ve got questions about anything we’ve written here, please get in touch at email@example.com so we can shed some light on it.
1. Our Promise
Gosnells Beverages is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws will be updated in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over the personal information that organisations hold about you.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Gosnells Beverages (Charity No. 1148279. Company No. 07768745) of Unit 2 Print Village, Glengall Road, Peckham, London, SE15 4PU. We may from time to time use data processors, who are not employees, agents or otherwise connected with us, with whom we have an agreement to process your data.
Subjects covered in this Policy are:
- How we collect personal information
- The personal information we collect
- Why we collect your personal information
- Where we store your Personal Data
- Credit and debit card payment information
- Marketing permissions
- Who we share your information with
- How long we keep your data
- Your information rights and choices
- Reporting concerns or compliments
- Changes to this privacy notice
2. How we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Buy one of our Products;
Register for an account on the Gosnells Beverages website;
Visit our website. Please see our Cookies section for more information;
Sign up on our website to receive updates for one or more of our products or projects;
Contact us with an enquiry;
Enter a survey, competition, promotion;
Apply for a job to join our team.
From other sources:
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
- Information made available publicly by Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles.
The personal information we collect:
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Records of your contact with us.
Sensitive personal data:
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect any information about users who may be under the age of 16, and will delete any information provided by such individuals as soon as possible. Please do not provide us with any personal information if you are under the age of 16. While we do allow users under the age of 16 to use our Services, any users under the age of 18 should discuss their use with their parents beforehand.
Gosnells Beverages will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with the greatest of care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
3. Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Services that you request from us.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To carry out market research and the tracking of sales.
- To administer our Systems and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Systems about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information about our products. Please see more details in the Marketing
4. Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may include storage in the cloud outside of the EEA.
5. Credit and Debit Card Payment Information
When you pay for a Product, Gosnells Beverages ensures that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into the payment system and never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction.
6. Marketing Permissions
We love sharing news about how your purchase or support is changing the lives of the people and communities we serve. This includes sending you information about our products, work, appeals, campaigns, events, information on volunteering, and other news of specific interest.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
Occasionally we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
We may call to update you on your purchase or the work we are doing. If you have registered your number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), we will only make marketing calls to you if you have given us permission to do so.
Gosnells Beverages is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Contacting us by phone or email [contact information available on our website]
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
7. Who We Share Your Information With
Gosnells Beverages NEVER sells information to other organisations.
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to implement our contract with you or to provide products or services you have requested from us or where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, or if Gosnells Beverages or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Gosnells Beverages and any of its affiliate entities may be under duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
8. How Long We Keep Your Data For
Gosnells Beverages will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
We will audit our Data Retention on a periodic basis and with a minimum of every two years to determine if we should delete any personal information.
9. Your Information Rights and Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Gosnells Beverages holds about you; we reserve the right to make a small charge for this.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by Gosnells Beverages.
- To request Gosnells Beverages to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data or not to process your personal data.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies Gosnells Beverages uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
10. Reporting Concerns or Compliments
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to raise a concern about Gosnells Beverages’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we may use on the Gosnells Beverages websites, which consist of four categories:
- CMS cookies – Gosnells Beverages’s website is created with a CMS (Content Management System), which places a small number of standard cookies on your device as you use it. Additional cookies will be placed on your device if you are an editor on one or more of these CMS systems (for example if you are a Gosnells Beverages staff member or an IT contractor).
- CRM cookies - we use a CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) to record your interactions with us. We mainly use this tool for trade customers. The CRM places a small number of standard cookies on your device as you use our website.
- Cookies to improve your experience – We use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience. For example, we place a cookie on your device when you first log-in. We may also embed YouTube or Vimeo films on our website. We are unable to prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information for example, number of views, plays, loads etc.
How to manage your cookie settings
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of cookie use